My practice focuses on the needs of individuals in the areas of family law, estate planning, and probate law. I also assist businesses and business owners in transactional and litigation matters. I center my practice on the core values I learned as an Air Force officer: Integrity, Service, and Excellence.
Before founding the Law Office of William Harris, P.C., I managed litigation for an insurance company and litigated commercial matters for other businesses, and handled family and property disputes for individuals at a prominent Dallas law firm. During law school, I interned at the United States Attorneys Office and clerked for Chief Justice Rogelio Valdez of the Texas Thirteenth Court of Appeals.
Prior to law school, I was a Captain in the United States Air Force and managed development, production, and support of various information systems. While in the Air Force, I received numerous medals and awards, including the Air Force Commendation Medal; I received an honorable discharge in 2005 to attend law school. For more details about my background, please see my LinkedIn profile.
- Won spousal support for my client in bench trial against an adulterous deadbeat husband.
- Won custody for my client in a hotly contested dispute that involved interstate and international jurisdictional issues.
- Negotiated a favorable settlement in a breach of fiduciary duty case for a pipeline company executive sued by his former employer for more than $14M.
- Won jury trial by directed verdict for a small business owner sued for more than $1 million by a former employee.
- Defended and reversed a post-judgment seizure of a substantial portion of my client’s assets in less than one month.
- Negotiated a favorable settlement for an international fabric and clothing company in a suit based on the Manufacturer Sales Representative statute.
- Obtained summary judgment for a business owner facing Labor Code violation and workplace discrimination claims.
- Obtained dismissal of wrongful Texas Workforce Commission and EEOC complaints against a small business owner.
- Won summary judgment in a title dispute over a house wrongfully taken from a South Dallas resident by a real estate crook.
- Defended large Insurance Company in Deceptive Trade Practices cases with alleged damages of more than $15M.
- Negotiated a favorable settlement in a breach of contract claim against a commercial tenant in a matter with no legal defenses in our favor.
- Successfully appealed a judgment against an out-of-state corporation with property in Texas in a premises liability case.
- Represented a mayoral candidate in a suit to ensure Texas Election Code compliance for an election dispute.
In the Community
I proudly accept Court Appointments from Dallas and Collin County Probate Courts as an attorney and guardian ad litem, and also volunteer to assist indigent clients on a pro bono basis through Legal Aid of Northwest Texas and the Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program. I enjoy piano, guitar, bonsai, coin collecting, fishing, and spending time outdoors with my family.